CTD is abbreviated for Conductivity, Temperature, and Depth of seawater. CTD winches are designed for accurate and safe deployment of hydrographic CTD equipment. These winches are specialized to handle precision devices carefully.
OUCO offers reliable CTD winches with a wide array of features. For instance, you can choose winches with electric or hydraulic drives, local or remote operations, and more.
Our CTD winches have smart wire winding solutions, active heave compensation, and optical slip ring assemblies. These winches can deploy between 3-7km of optic fiber cable to accommodate deep-sea applications.
Why Choose OUCO As Your CTD Winch Manufacturer?
OUCO manufactures reliable and innovative marine equipment, including CTD winches.
Our design standards are based on ABS, CCS, DNV(GL), RMRS, NK, Rina, KR, CE, ISO, and SGS regulations.
We also collaborate with the world’s leading brands and develop our own patented equipment.
Maximizing CTD Winch Potential
Typically, CTD instruments are required to work continuously underwater for 2 to 5 hours and maintain a certain depth. Therefore, we are made of high-quality steel to prevent corrosion and rust, equipped with steel winch drums, active heave compensation, level wind adjustment, and other functions.
We use the EN-14492-1 standard steel wire rope to support a longer cable length and ensure stability, making the OUCO CTD winch capable of withstanding the harsh marine environment.
Options and Accessories
- Custom Slip ring assemblies
- Winding Rope design
- Active heave Compensation
- Constant Tension System
- Hydraulic Drives & Hydraulic Power Unit
- Containerization System
- Can be operated remotely or on-site
- Equipped with lights
- Multifunctional operation console
- Positioning & Depth sensors
- Load limiter
Latest Finished CTD Winch
It is a CTD lifting device that transfers signals to the steam tanker if they want to acquire water samples. It stands for Conductivity, Temperature, and Depth.
CTD is an abbreviated word for an equipment model that contains sensors for monitoring seawater.
This CTD Winch is dropped and elevated through the water on the vessels.
There are arrangements of requirements for both common and tailoredCTD Winch including:
- Active heave compensation
- Electric variable frequency drive renders seamless, stepless procedure
- A narrow depth limits
- Optical slip ring assemblies
- Amply containerized systems
- Hydraulic or electric drives
- Progressive heave defense and stable tension
- Smart wire-level winding solutions
- Solid-state electronic mechanism
- Variable velocity control
- Integral displacing handles
- Electronic dynamic braking
This winch was produced to furnish dependableness, efficiency and simplify the labor for a system unprotected from harsh seawater hazards.
It is used for Fisheries and Ocean function unremarkably and the spatial property is denser.
It is important to consider different factors and determine when selecting a CTD winch. You need to choose the correct measurements, benefits and installations, production process, maintenance, and more.
Several properties are needed to consider when selecting CTD Winch. Here are some:
- Type of Winch
- Power Options
- Type of Gear
- Winch Size
- Drum Size
- Duty Cycle
- Line Type
- Brake Type
- Product Options
- Performance Specifications
Besides refraining from using CTD Winch on a tiny boat unprotected to seawater hazards, it is more reliable and lighter.
Finally, the monetary value of this CTD Winch was lower than the cost of any other winch.
It also has some advantages like the following:
- No hazardous elements are left behind
- It transports a pressure detector so that the depths are directly measured
- Sensors can be graduated after the deployment
- The monetary value per profile decreases with increasing use
- Highly Portable
- Easy to install
- Provides longer life even in the unpleasant marine environment
- Simple and low maintenance layout
CTD Winch is beneficial enough that it gives sufficient information like the following:
- Conceive a location of a low amount of oxygen, which affects the fishes
- Estimate the velocity of sounds at different kinds of depths to modify acoustic investigation of the materials found in the ocean
- Calculate deep-ocean currents supported with the variety of density that is present
- Look into the limit of shallow currents of the water
- Look into the various masses of the water close to the beam. It represents currents that relocate sediments along the shore.
- Look into the perceptive modification of density to examine the different biological and chemical phases that occur.